Monday, October 24, 2011

Typographic Self Portrait


Typographic Self Portrait Analysis

               With this project I used a picture from a few months ago where I had spiked hair. I began to trace the outline once I blew the image up. Then I came up with two slogans that represent me. Which were “Protect This House” and “I Will”, the reason behind these is simple to me. I am a defensive player in football and these motto's definitely represent that matter. I wanted to show myself as an athlete and a person who gives all his effort to task he is given. So I went ahead and started to type on the paths I created using that. The only bold features I used were for the inside of my ears, my eyes and my hair. The reason being is that, I used it to be an eye catcher so you get drawn into certain area of my face which would be the center. As well with the hair I made it bold, italic and a little fancier of a font so it would look like it’s spiked. I used two fonts, myriad pro and Century Schoolbook.  Myriad pro was used for the face to create a delicate, clean look while the Century Schoolbook was used for the hair to give more movement and a spike look to it. I didn’t use all the space, because I didn’t want to make it cluttered, I just wanted to have it resemble me. Overall this process was a little tricky to figure out how the text would lay out on the outline and form itself. But in my opinion it came out looking like me and I like the way the typography works out, it was a fun thing to do. It’s clean and dynamic and simple. Nothing to complex, but keeping the form of my original picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment